Monday, March 2, 2009

Is It Wrong To Do Something For Yourself When You're Constantly Pleasing (or trying to) Others All The Time?

I recently asked myself this question and I have determined that is not wrong to want to do anything that will bring you joy at any given point in one's life. We have so many demands placed upon us each and everyday that we can easily forget about "me". I feel that remembering "me" is imperative. We should never fear that doing something for ourself can be thought of as wrong.

I recently lost my job and while I'm in no way upset about it, I carried on as though I still did have a job. There was a week long celebration in my city of residence and I participated in a few events/parties, lol. One may think, "she just lost her job and she's out there partying and spending money like she has continuous checks coming". Guess what, I am a grown woman and if I felt like I could not afford to do the things I do, I would not. My biggest stress causer has just been lifted and I am celebrating. Yes, I'm pleased by my unemployed status. Honestly, I haven't even updated my resume to start looking for another job yet. This past week was about "doing me". It had been so long since I was able to do so and I LOVED EVERY SINGLE MINUTE OF IT!!! I would do it all again, if given the opportunity. I enjoyed great company and entertainment. When I lost my job, I felt empowered and willing to do whatever the hell I wanted to do.

Guess what, I'M GOING TO DO WHATEVER I WANT TO DO.

NEVER A REGRET IN MY LIFE!!!

2 comments: