Thursday, December 17, 2009

Please Dont Let Me Be Misunderstood

You see
It's not that I don't care for you
It's not that I don't want you around
It's quite the contrary
You see
I have no problem expressing myself
Affectionately or verbally
I have no problem curling up in the crook of your shoulder where it meets your chest
I have no problem with you laying in my bed for days
You see
I love the safety and security of your embrace
I love the smile I bring to your face
You bring the very same broad, full smile to mine
You make my heart flutter
All of that makes my mind cluttered
You see
Based upon my past
I have some unfinished matters of the heart
The walls I have built up are blocking my blessings
I'm aware of the problem
The solution eludes me
You see
When I look at you I don't see them
I see the possibility of hurt
Again
So in my effort to avoid said hurt
I decline invitations of committment
For I believe I am capable but question you
You see
Under any other circumstances
I would leap tall buildings in a single bound
I would climb the highest mountain
To be your one and only
But
Please don't let me be misunderstood
It's definitely me
Not you.

No comments:

Post a Comment